This web mail archive is frozen.
This page is part of a frozen web archive of this mailing list.
You can still navigate around this archive, but know that no new mails
have been added to it since July of 2016.
Click here to be taken to the new web archives of this list; it includes all the mails that are in this frozen archive plus all new mails that have been sent to the list since it was migrated to the new archives.
The Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic,
and industry partners, is pleased to announce the release of Open MPI
version 1.2.3. This release is mainly a bug fix release over the v1.2.2
release, but there are few minor new features. We strongly
recommend that all users upgrade to version 1.2.3 if possible.
Version 1.2.3 can be downloaded from the main Open MPI web site or
any of its mirrors (mirrors will be updating shortly).
Here are a list of changes in v1.2.3 as compared to v1.2.2:
- Fix a regression in comm_spawn functionality that inadvertently
caused the mapping of child processes to always start at the same
place. Thanks to Prakash Velayutham for helping discover the
- Fix segfault when a user's home directory is unavailable on a remote
node. Thanks to Guillaume Thomas-Collignon for bringing the issue
to our attention.
- Fix MPI_IPROBE to properly handle MPI_STATUS_IGNORE on mx and
psm MTLs. Thanks to Sophia Corwell for finding this and supplying a
- Fix some error messages in the tcp BTL.
- Use _NSGetEnviron instead of environ on Mac OS X so that there
are no undefined symbols in the shared libraries.
- On OS X, when MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET is 10.3 or higher,
support building the Fortran 90 bindings as a shared library. Thanks to
Jack Howarth for his advice on making this work.
- No longer require extra include flag for the C++ bindings.
- Fix detection of weak symbols support with Intel compilers.
- Fix issue found by Josh England: ompi_info would not show framework
MCA parameters set in the environment properly.
- Rename the oob_tcp_include/exclude MCA params to oob_tcp_if_include/exclude
so that they match the naming convention of the btl_tcp_if_include/exclude
params. The old names are depreciated, but will still work.
- Add -wd as a synonym for the -wdir orterun/mpirun option.
- Fix the mvapi BTL to compile properly with compilers that do not support
anonymous unions. Thanks to Luis Kornblueh for reporting the bug.
Open Systems Lab