From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-20 12:23:43

On Jun 20, 2007, at 11:41 AM, Andrew Friedley wrote:

> I'm not seeing anything particularly relevant in the libtool
> documentation. I think this might be referring to hardcoding paths in
> shared libraries?
>
> Using pathf90 for both FC and F77 does not change anything. Should
> have
> been more clear in my first email -- gcc 3.4.5 using pathf90 for FC
> works fine.
>
> Even more interesting -- I just tried configuring with --disable-
> mpi-f77
> --disable-mpi-f90 and still see the exact same error. So I'm pretty
> convinced this is not a fortran issue. I've tried disabling debugging
> and using -O0 as well, but still get the same error.

Bummer. :-(

> Is there anywhere else I should be looking? I have to admit, I'm
> stumped here..

It could be a gcc bug...? What I would do is try to replicate this
with a small / non-OMPI example using a trivial AC/AM/LT-based
project. If you can replicate (which I hope you would be able to; we
do some weird things in building OMPI, but not that weird), send it
on to the libtool list.

Cisco Systems