From: jody (jody.xha_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-14 03:18:21

Hi
For debugging i usually run each process in a separate X-window.
This works well if i set the DISPLAY variable to the computer
from which i am starting my OpenMPI application.

This method fails however, if i log in (via ssh) to my workstation
from a third computer and then start my OpenMPI application,
only the processes running on the workstation i logged into can
open their windows on the third computers. The processes on
the other computers cant open their windows.

This is how i start the processes

mpirun -np 4 -x DISPLAY run_gdb.sh ./TestApp

where run_gdb.sh looks like this
-------------------------
#!/bin/csh -f

echo "Running GDB on node `hostname`"
xterm -e gdb $*
exit 0
The output from the processes on the other computer:
    xterm Xt error: Can't open display: localhost:12.0

I there a way to tell OpenMPI to forward the X windows
over yet another ssh connection?

Thanks
  Jody