From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-12 07:49:43

On Jun 12, 2007, at 5:56 AM, Terry Frankcombe wrote:

>> I downloaded and configured v1.2.2 this morning on an Opteron cluster
>> using the following configure directives...
>>
>> ./configure --prefix=/share/apps CC=gcc CXX=g++ F77=g77 FC=gfortran
>> CFLAGS=-m64 CXXFLAGS=-m64 FFLAGS=-m64 FCFLAGS=-m64
>
> What does config.log say? (Look for 'Fortran 90'.) config.log should
> be your first port of call when trying to debug build problems in any
> "configure"-d project.

Exactly. OMPI's configure probably determined that it should not
build the F90 bindings, so it didn't (hence, mpif90 is non-
functional). If I had to guess, it's because you specified both g77
and gfortran. When using gfortran, you should probably use it for
both F77 and FC. That will likely fix your problem.

If it doesn't, please see this web page for more details on getting
help:

     http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/

Consider this a compile-time problem (because OMPI decided not to
build the F90 bindings) and send all the information listed. Thanks!

Cisco Systems