From: Jeff Pummill (jpummil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-10 15:08:08

Maybe the "dumb question" of the week, but here goes...

I am trying to compile a piece of code (NPB) under OpenMPI and I am
having a problem with specifying the right library. Possibly something I
need to define in a LD_LIBRARY_PATH statement?

Using Gnu mpich, the line looked like this...

FMPI_LIB = -L/opt/mpich/gnu/lib/ -lmpich

I tried to replace this with...

FMPI_LIB = -L/usr/lib/openmpi/ -llibmpi

to which the make responded...
mpif90 -O -o ../bin/cg.A.2 cg.o ../common/print_results.o
../common/randdp.o ../common/timers.o -L/usr/lib/openmpi/ -llibmpi
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibmpi
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Wrong library file? Setup or path issue?

--
Jeff F. Pummill
Senior Linux Cluster Administrator