From: Jeff Pummill (jpummil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-10 12:57:58

Victor,

Just on a hunch, look in your BIOS to see if Hyperthreading is turned
on. If so, turn it off. We have seen some unusual behavior on some of
our machines unless this is disabled.

I am interested in your progress as I have just begun working with
OpenMPI as well. I have used mpich for quite some time, but felt
compelled to get some experience with OpenMPI as well. I just installed
it this weekend on an AMD dual-core machine with 2 gigs of ram. Maybe I
will try and replicate your experiment if you can direct me to what
program you are benchmarking.

Jeff F. Pummill
Senior Linux Cluster Administrator
University of Arkansas