From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-08 15:38:15

My apologies - Prakash and I solved this off-list. I should have posted the
final solution here too so any interested parties would know the answer.

The problem actually is a bug that broke comm_spawn in 1.2.2 and may well be
present in the entire 1.2 code series (I have not checked the prior
sub-releases). I provided a patch to Prakash that solves the problem, and
have requested that a slightly different version be released as part of
1.2.3.

Sorry for forgetting to post this back to the list. Anyone needing the patch
for 1.2.2 prior to the next sub-release should just let me know and I'll
provide it.

Ralph