From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-08 14:39:29

On Jun 5, 2007, at 10:27 AM, Prakash Velayutham wrote:

> I know. I could not start another client code before this. So just
> wanted to check if /bin/hostname works with the spawn.

It will not. MPI_COMM_SPAWN assumes that you are spawning an MPI
application and therefore after the process is launched, it tries to
do MPI-level coordination with it to setup new communicators, etc.
FWIW: MPI-2 says that you are *only* allowed to launch MPI processes
through MPI_COMM_SPAWN[_MULTIPLE].

This could well be the error that you are seeing (I haven't tried it
myself to see what would happen).

Cisco Systems