From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-08 14:23:36

On Jun 8, 2007, at 9:29 AM, Code Master wrote:

> I compiled openmpi-1.2.2 with:
>
> ./configure CFLAGS=-g -pg -O3 --prefix=/home/foo/490_research/490/
> src/mpi.optimized_profiling/ \
> --enable-mpi-threads --enable-progress-threads --enable-static --
> disable-shared --without-memory-manager \
> --without-libnuma --disable-mpi-f77 --disable-mpi-f90 --disable-mpi-
> cxx --disable-mpi-cxx-seek --disable-dlopen
>
> (Thanks Jeff, now I know that I have to add --without-memory-
> manager and --without-libnuma for static linking)

Good.

> make all
> make install
>
> then I run my client app with:
>
> /home/foo/490_research/490/src/mpi.optimized_profiling/bin/mpirun --
> hostfile ../hostfile -n 32 raytrace -finputs/car.env
>
> The program runs well and each process completes succssfully (I can
> tell because all processes have now generated gmon.out successfully
> and a "ps aux" on other slave nodes (except the originating node)
> show that my program in slave nodes have already exited (not
> existant). Therefore I think this may have something to do with
> mpirun,which hangs forever.

Be aware that you may have problems with multiple processes writing
to the same gmon.out, unless you're running each instance in a
different directory (your command line doesn't indicate that you are,
but that doesn't necessarily prove anything).

> Can you see anything wrong in my ./configure command which explains
> the mpirun hang at the end of the run? How can I fix it?

No, everything looks fine.

So you confirm that all raytrace instances have exited and all orteds
have exited, leaving *only* mpirun runnning?

There was a race condition about this at one point; Ralph -- can you
comment further?

Cisco Systems