From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-08 14:20:50

On Jun 8, 2007, at 2:06 PM, Cupp, Matthew R wrote:

> Yes. But the /opt/torque directory is just the source, not the actual
> installed directory. The actual installed directory on the head
> node is
> the default location of /usr/lib/something. And that is not
> accessable
> by every node.
>
> But should it matter if it's not accessable if I don't specify
> --with-tm? I was wondering if ./configure detects torque has been
> installed, and then builds the associated components under the
> assumption that it's available.

This is what OMPI does.

However, if you only have static libraries for Torque, the issue
should be moot -- the relevant bits should be statically linked into
the OMPI tm plugins. But if your Torque libraries are shared, then
you do need to have them available on all nodes for OMPI to be able
to leverage native Torque/TM support.

Make sense?

Cisco Systems