From: Brock Palen (brockp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-07 20:44:52

We have a few users using DLPOLY with OMPI. Running just fine.
Watch out what kind of simulation you are doing like all MD
software, not all simulations are better in parallel. In some the
comunication overhead is much worse than running on just one cpu. I
see this all the time. You could try just 2 cpus, on one node some
times that is ok (memory access vs network access) But its not
uncommon.

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp_at_[hidden]