From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-07 08:18:39

Can you be a bit more descriptive? What is the exact compilation
output (including the error)? And what exactly do you mean by "debug
mode" -- compiling Open MPI with and without -g? Please see http://
www.open-mpi.org/community/help/.

FWIW, I do not see the symbol "output_local_symbols" in the Open MPI
source code anywhere...

On Jun 6, 2007, at 12:17 PM, Srinath Vadlamani wrote:

> So I have been trying to build multiple applications with an ifort
> +gcc implementation of Open-MPI. I wanted to build them in debug
> mode. This is on a Macbook Pro
> System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.9 (8P2137)
> Kernel Version: Darwin 8.9.1
> gcc :gcc version 4.0.1
> ifort: 10.0.16
>
> I have tried building PETSc from ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/
> release-snapshots/petsc-lite-2.3.3-p1.tar.gz
> in debug mode and the error on gets in building fortran examples is:
> ld: internal error: output_local_symbols () inconsistent local
> symbol count
> This does not happen when *not* in debug mode.
> This is the same error we get with the same build parameters of one
> of our Fortran scientific codes.
>
> This error does *not* occur when using mpich2-1.0.5p4.

Cisco Systems