From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-06 07:16:55

On Jun 5, 2007, at 11:17 PM, Lie-Quan Lee wrote:

> it is a quite of headache for each compiler/platform to deal with
> mixed language
> issues. I have to compile my application on IBM visual age compiler,
> Pathscale, Cray X1E compiler,
> intel/openmpi, intel/mpich, PGI compiler ...
> And of course, openmpi 1.1 is different on this comparing with
> openmpi 1.2.2 (-lmpi_f77 is new to 1.2.2 version). :-)

> You are right. MPI forum most like will not take care of this. I just
> made a wish ... :-)

Understood; I know it's a pain. :-(

What I want to understand, however, is what you need to do. It seems
like your needs are a bit different than those of the mainstream --
is there a way that we can support you directly instead of forcing
you to a) identify openmpi, b) call mpi<foo> --showme:link to get the
relevant flags, and c) stitch them together in the manner that you need?

We take great pains to ensure that the mpi<foo> wrapper compilers
"just work" for all the common cases in order to avoid all the "you
must identify which MPI you are using" kinds of games. Your case
sounds somewhat unusual, but perhaps there's a way we can get the
information to you in a more direct manner...?

Cisco Systems