From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-05 21:46:25

On Jun 5, 2007, at 4:51 PM, Lie-Quan Lee wrote:

> Using the OPEN_MPI #define is probably the safest bet to identify the
> MPI as Open MPI, which then opens the door to using mpi<compiler> --
> showme to find the proper linker flags. I would *NOT* recommend hard-
> coding specific flags just because you know that you're linking
> against Open MPI (because we can/have changed the flags behind the
> scenes).
>
> I think one of the possible solutions would be, in the next MPI
> standard (will it come very soon?, or not?),

I would like to hope that MPI 2.1 comes out someday in the not-
distant future, but I'm guessing that it'll take quite a while.

> specify the library (libraries) for mixed language linking.

MPI has traditionally shied away from specifying this kind of thing,
instead leaving it to be an implementation-specific detail.

What, exactly, do you need to do? Do you need to link an application
that uses all 4 of the MPI language bindings?

Cisco Systems