From: smairal_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-06-05 18:52:47

Hi,
I am trying a program in which I have 2 MPI nodes and each MPI node has
2 threads:

Main node-thread Receive Thread
----------------- ----------------
MPI_Init_Thread(MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE);
.
.
LOOP: LOOP:

    THREAD-BARRIER THREAD-BARRIER
    MPI_Send(); MPI_Recv();
    goto LOOP; goto LOOP;

.
.

The thread-barrier ensures that the 2 threads complete the previous
iteration before moving ahead with this one.

I get the following error SOMETIMES (while sometimes the program runs
properly):
*** An error occurred in MPI_Recv
*** on communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
*** MPI_ERR_TRUNCATE: message truncated
*** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (goodbye)

Somewhere I read that MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE is not properly tested with
OpenMPI. Can someone tell me whether I am making some mistake or is
there any bug with MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE?

-Thanks and Regards,
Sarang.