From: Aaron Thompson (aaron.p.thompson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-04 10:56:20

Dr. Simon,
        My gfortran version was more recent than the official one at the GNU
website. I tried it with 4.3, and that gave me that error. However,
I just tried it with the stable version 4.2, which is the latest at
the GNU website, and it worked! I think what happened is that it
compiled with CC pointing to Apple's installed cc version 4.0.1, but
with F90 pointing gfortran 4.3 that I installed. This time I forced
it to use GCC 4.2 the whole way through and it worked. Thank you for
pointing me in the right direction.

So for anyone else who may come across this, if you get an error like
Fatal Error: Reading module mpi at line 3562 column 2: Expected integer
it may mean that you've used a different version of cc than gfortran
when configuring OpenMPI.

The configure script ought to warn about this!

Aaron Thompson
Vanderbilt University
aaron.p.thompson_at_[hidden]