From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-16 10:28:17

On May 16, 2007, at 7:08 AM, Luis Kornblueh wrote:

> well we currently try to change over to ofed.

I think you'll be pleased with the results. FWIW, you might want to
try converting just a few nodes in your cluster and play with them to
get some experience with the OFED stack. There's new commands to
learn, etc. Do not try to run OMPI IB jobs that span both the mvapi
and openib hosts, but note that one subnet manager can manage both
MVAPI-based and OFED-based hosts. So they can co-exist in your
cluster while you're evaluating/learning/etc.

> The same time we try to change
> to openmpi-1.2.1 from openpi-1.2b3, unfortunately we get a SEGV in
> mpiexec ;-)

Sorry for not replying earlier to your other post; the past 2 weeks
have been a "perfect storm" for many of us on the OMPI team. Euro
PVM/MPI conference papers were due this past Monday, for example
(among a bunch of other deadlines). I will look into your prior mail
today to see if I can figure out what's going on.

FWIW, migrating to OFED should be an orthogonal issue to OMPI
v1.2b3 / v1.2.1.

Cisco Systems