From: Code Master (cpp.codemaster_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-10 20:19:21

I am a newbie in openmpi. I have just compiled a program with -g -pg (an
mpi program with a listener thread, which all MPI calls except
initialization and MPI_Finalize are placed within) and I run it. However
it crashes and I can't find any core dump, even I set the core dump max size
to 100000 by

ulimit -c 100000

Signal:11 info.si_errno:0(Success) si_code:1(SEGV_MAPERR)
Failing at addr:(nil)
[0] func:raytrace [0x8185581]
[1] func:[0xffffe440]
[2] func:raytrace [0x8056736]
[3] func:/lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 [0x40063b63]
[4] func:/lib/tls/libc.so.6(__clone+0x5a) [0x4014618a]
*** End of error message ***
I tried to use gdb and I ran:
gdb mpirun

run --hostfile ../hostfile n 16 raytrace -finputs/car.env

when I type

backtrace

after it crashes, it just said "no stack"

I really want to find out what lines in what function are responsible for
the crash. What can I do to find out the culprit?