From: Boris Bierbaum (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-09 09:50:30

I've run the whole IMB Benchmark Suite on 2, 3, and 4 nodes with 2
processes per node and --mca btl udapl,self. I didn't encouter any problems.

The comment above line 197 says that dat_ep_query() returns wrong port
numbers (which it does indeed), but I can't find any call to
dat_ep_query() in the uDAPL BTL code. Maybe the comment is out of date?

Boris

Andrew Friedley wrote:
> You say that fixes the problem, does it work even when running more than
> one MPI process per node? (that is the case the hack fixes) Simply
> doing an mpirun with a -np paremeter higher than the number of nodes you
> have set up should trigger this case, and making sure to use '-mca btl
> udapl,self' (ie not SM or anything else).
>
> Andrew
>
> Boris Bierbaum wrote:
>> It has been explained in a different thread on [ofa-general] that the
>> problem lies in a combination of the OpenIB-cma provider not setting the
>> local and remote port numbers on endpoints correctly and Open MPI
>> stepping over the IA to save the port number to circumvent this problem,
>> thereby confusing the provider.
>>
>> I commented out line 197 in ompi/mca/btl/udapl/btl_udapl.c (Open MPI
>> 1.2.1 release) and this fixes the problem. As the problem in the
>> provider is currently being fixed, the whole saving of the port number
>> in the uDAPL BTL code will be unnecessary in the future.

>>> Arlin, why doesn't dapl_psp_create_any() just pass a port of zero down
>>> and let the rdma-cma pick an available port number?

|  _  RWTH | Boris Bierbaum
|_|_`_     | Lehrstuhl fuer Betriebssysteme
   | |_) _  | RWTH Aachen D-52056 Aachen
     |_)(_` | Tel: +49-241-80-27805
        ._) | Fax: +49-241-80-22339