From: Rob (spamrefuse_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-01 23:28:10

Rob wrote at 2007-05-01 21:11:26 :

> I'm now trying the nightly build from SVN
> (version 1.3a1r14551), but I'm afraid that Alpha
> support is still not there.....if that's the case,
> is there any chance to fix openmpi for Alpha?

Indeed this fails with the same error as the
compilation of 1.2.1 with "--enable-static".
Output files of this 1.3/SVN are at

> My OS is CentOS 4.4
> (the equivalent of RedHat Enterprise Edition 4).
> Hence, my packages are not so up-to-date versions:
> autoconf-2.59-5
> automake-1.9.2-3
> libtool-1.5.6-4.EL4.1.c4.2
> libtool-libs-1.5.6-4.EL4.1.c4.2
> flex-2.5.4a-33
> (what else is essential to build OpenMpi?)

The version numbers of these packages should be OK,
as I have also CentOS 4.4 on an HP Intel/Itanium
workstation and on an Intel Pentium 4, all with
the same package versions; and OpenMPI 1.2.1
configures/compiles/works very well there !!

By the way, I don't think the above packages are
required for building OpenMPI from the 1.2.1
source tarball, or are they?

Do You Yahoo!?