The Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic,
and industry partners, is pleased to announce the release of Open MPI
version 1.2.1. This release is mainly a bug fix release over the the
v1.2 release, but there are few minor new features. We strongly
recommend that all users upgrade to version 1.2.1 if possible.
Version 1.2.1 can be downloaded from the main Open MPI web site or
any of its mirrors (mirrors will be updating shortly).
Here are a list of changes in v1.2.1 as compared to v1.2:
- Fixed a number of connection establishment errors in the TCP out-
of-band messaging system.
- Fixed a memory leak when using mpi_comm calls.
Thanks to Bas van der Vlies for reporting the problem.
- Fixed various memory leaks in OPAL and ORTE.
- Improved launch times when using TM (PBS Pro, Torque, Open PBS).
- Fixed mpi_leave_pinned to work for all datatypes.
- Fix functionality allowing users to disable sbrk() (the
mpool_base_disable_sbrk MCA parameter) on platforms that support it.
- Fixed a pair of problems with the TCP "listen_thread" mode for the
oob_tcp_listen_mode MCA parameter that would cause failures when
attempting to launch applications.
- Fixed a segfault if there was a failure opening a BTL MX endpoint.
- Fixed a problem with mpirun's --nolocal option introduced in 1.2.
- Re-enabled MPI_COMM_SPAWN_MULTIPLE from singletons.
- LoadLeveler and TM configure fixes, Thanks to Martin Audet for the
- Various C++ MPI attributes fixes.
- Fixed issues with backtrace code on 64 bit Intel & PPC OS X builds.
- Fixed issues with multi-word CC variables and libtool.
Thanks to Bert Wesarg for the bug reports.
- Fix issue with non-uniform node naming schemes in SLURM.
- Fix file descriptor leak in the Grid Engine/N1GE support.
- Fix compile error on OS X 10.3.x introduced with Open MPI 1.1.5.
- Implement MPI_TYPE_CREATE_DARRAY function (was in 1.1.5 but not 1.2).
- Recognize zsh shell when using rsh/ssh for launching MPI jobs.
- Ability to set the OPAL_DESTDIR or OPAL_PREFIX environment
variables to "re-root" an existing Open MPI installation.
- Always include -I for Fortran compiles, even if the prefix is
- Support for "fork()" in MPI applications that use the
OpenFabrics stack (OFED v1.2 or later).
- Support for setting specific limits on registered memory.
Open Systems Lab