From: stephen mulcahy (smulcahy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-19 18:24:56

Hi,

I only have access to this test system for another 24 hours or so so I'm
not sure it's worth any more of your efforts. Coupled with the fact that
I don't have root on the system in question it could be more work too
figure out whats going on than its worth.

Thanks for your help so far,

-stephen

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Yes, this is sounding more mysterious. Please send the output listed
> here:
>
> http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/
>

> On Apr 19, 2007, at 8:15 AM, stephen mulcahy wrote:
>
>> Jeff Squyres wrote:
>>> That's truly odd -- I can't imagine why you wouldn't get the TCP
>>> transport with the above command line. But the latencies, as you
>>> mentioned, are far too low for TCP.
>>>
>>> To be absolutely certain that you're not getting the IB transport, go
>>> to the $prefix/lib/openmpi directory and make a bogus subdirectory
>>> (e.g., "mkdir foo"). Then move the *openib* and *mvapi* components
>>> into that subdirectory (you'll likely only have either "openib" *or*
>>> "mvapi" -- not both).
>>>
>>> Then try running again.
>> What is stranger still is that I can't find any *openib* or *mvapi*
>> components in that subdirectory so I'm left wondering what exactly
>> it's
>> using to communicate. I don't think it's using shared memory because
>> I've run a shared memory test aswell and the latencies are lower
>> with that.
>>
>> Perhaps it's interacting with something else installed somewhere on
>> the
>> system?
>>
>> -stephen
>> --
>> Stephen Mulcahy, Applepie Solutions Ltd., Innovation in Business
>> Center,
>> GMIT, Dublin Rd, Galway, Ireland. +353.91.751262 http://
>> www.aplpi.com
>> Registered in Ireland, no. 289353 (5 Woodlands Avenue, Renmore,
>> Galway)

Stephen Mulcahy, Applepie Solutions Ltd, Innovation in Business Center,
    GMIT, Dublin Rd, Galway, Ireland.      mailto:smulcahy_at_[hidden]
   mobile:+353.87.2930252  office:+353.91.751262  http://www.aplpi.com