From: Galen Arnold (arnoldg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-12 10:49:24

What was the fix last time [openmpi 1.2 is in action below] ?

[arnoldg_at_honest3 mpi]$ !mpirun
mpirun --mca btl self,sm,tcp -np 4 -machinefile hosts allall_openmpi_icc
[honest1][0,1,0][btl_tcp_endpoint.c:572:mca_btl_tcp_endpoint_complete_connect]
connect() failed with errno=113
mpirun: killing job...

mpirun noticed that job rank 0 with PID 21119 on node honest1 exited on
signal 15 (Terminated).
3 additional processes aborted (not shown)

>Troy and I talked about this off-list and resolved that the issue was
>with the TCP setup on the nodes.
>
>But it is worth noting that we had previously fixed a bug in the TCP
>setup in 1.0.2 with respect to the SEGVs that Troy was seeing -- hence,
>when he tested the 1.0.3 prerelease tarballs, there were no SEGVs.

-Galen
+
Galen Arnold, consulting group--system engineer
1205 W. Clark St. (217) 244-3473
Urbana, IL 61801 arnoldg_at_[hidden]