From: Bas van der Vlies (basv_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-12 05:45:26

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2007, at 8:08 AM, Bas van der Vlies wrote:
>
>>> The OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE macro is a rather nasty macro that tries to
>>> reduce the replication of checking for a header then a library, then
>>> setting CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, LIBS, and all that. There are two
>>> components that use the TM libraries, so we have a centralized macro
>>> that sets the configuration data for the two components. The -I,
>>> -L, -ls are set in OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE.
>>> In the OMPI_CHECK_TM macro, you probably want to check for pbs-
>>> config, then if that fails, run the OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE stuff. Of
>>> course, you might want to run the OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE code with
>>> CFLAGS and LDFLAGS set to what you get from pbs-config, to make sure
>>> the libraries actually work. The way we set flags is a bit weird --
>>> you need to set the environment variables:
>>> $1_CPPFLAGS
>>> $1_CFLAGS
>>> $1_LDFLAGS
>>> $1_LIBS
>>
>> I have made a crude version that uses 'pbs-config' and check uses the
>> OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE macro but in the OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE_HEADER macro
>> /include is appended if it not /usr or /usr/include. So there must
>> option to prevent this (pbs-config give the right value). Then i do
>> not have to set the CPPFLAGS variable.
>>
>> OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE_LIB:
>> For the library name there is also -l prepended so i can not use the
>> name form 'pbs-config --libs' and it as the same problem as with
>> checking the header if it is not standard then /lib is appended.
>
> What about assigning $1_<foo> directly and then passing flags that will
> be ignored to OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE (e.g., "/usr")? I have not tried this
> at all -- just hacked this in emacs. So it may not even compile --
> you'll need to test it. See new attachment. :-)
>
> --Jeff Squyres
> Cisco Systems

Jeff,

  Maybe is was not clear enough ;-). The $1_<FLAGS> do not work i had to
use CPPFLAGS instead of $1_CPPFLAGS else the test fails. On our site the
torque library is found in /usr/lib so that can be found else we also
must set the LDFLAGS flag.

I have the right values of include/library directory but they are
handled as directory prefix by the OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE macro and not as
directory.

What i tried to accomplish was that the library name was set by a
variable. So if torque decided to use another name for the library we do
not have to change the macro again.

Regards

*  Bas van der Vlies                     e-mail: basv_at_[hidden]      *