From: Bas van der Vlies (basv_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-11 08:08:26

> The OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE macro is a rather nasty macro that tries to
> reduce the replication of checking for a header then a library, then
> setting CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, LIBS, and all that. There are two
> components that use the TM libraries, so we have a centralized macro
> that sets the configuration data for the two components. The -I, -L,
> -ls are set in OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE.
>
> In the OMPI_CHECK_TM macro, you probably want to check for pbs-
> config, then if that fails, run the OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE stuff. Of
> course, you might want to run the OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE code with CFLAGS
> and LDFLAGS set to what you get from pbs-config, to make sure the
> libraries actually work. The way we set flags is a bit weird -- you
> need to set the environment variables:
>
> $1_CPPFLAGS
> $1_CFLAGS
> $1_LDFLAGS
> $1_LIBS

I have made a crude version that uses 'pbs-config' and check uses the
OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE macro but in the OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE_HEADER macro
/include is appended if it not /usr or /usr/include. So there must
option to prevent this (pbs-config give the right value). Then i do not
have to set the CPPFLAGS variable.

OMPI_CHECK_PACKAGE_LIB:
For the library name there is also -l prepended so i can not use the
name form 'pbs-config --libs' and it as the same problem as with
checking the header if it is not standard then /lib is appended.

Maybe there must be another macro that can handle packages that supply
the right values to compile the package.

See attach file

I have attached the file

*  Bas van der Vlies                     e-mail: basv_at_[hidden]      *