From: Götz Waschk (goetz.waschk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-10 06:36:08

On 4/10/07, Bala <cppbala_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> But still when we try to submit interactive job
> we are getting the following error,
> $ qrsh -pe mpich 4
> Rocks Compute Node
> Rocks 4.2.1 (Cydonia)
> Profile built 14:09 02-Apr-2007
> Kickstarted 22:16 02-Apr-2007
> -bash: ulimit: max locked memory: cannot modify
> limit: Operation not permitted

Hi Bala,

it seems you set the limit in one of the bash profile scripts, be it
~/.profile, /etc/profile or /etc/profile.d/*.

> How do you set ulimit?? and how much??
> pls advice.
I don't set this limit at all, SGE doesn't touch the default value of
32k. There are several ways to set the limit. It seems you are hitting
the hard limit, if you want to set a higher value, you have to modify
/etc/security/limits.conf as defined in the comments. This is part of
pam, so you have to make sure your ssh session is using pam.

Regards, Götz Waschk

--
AL I:40: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.