From: Bala (cppbala_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-10 05:21:01

Thanks Goetz, we are able to submit OpenMPI jobs
using SGE.

  But still when we try to submit interactive job
we are getting the following error,

$ qrsh -pe mpich 4
 Rocks Compute Node
 Rocks 4.2.1 (Cydonia)
 Profile built 14:09 02-Apr-2007

 Kickstarted 22:16 02-Apr-2007
 -bash: ulimit: max locked memory: cannot modify
limit: Operation not permitted

 we are setting the ulimit in "/etc/init.d/sshd" file,
but not sure why we are getting this ulimit error
only in interactive jobs.

 How do you set ulimit?? and how much??
pls advice.

thanks,
-bala-

--- Götz Waschk <goetz.waschk_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 3/28/07, Bala <cppbala_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > % qconf -sp orte
> > start_proc_args /bin/true
> > stop_proc_args /bin/true
> > just want to know anybody successfully running in
> SGE
> > using this PE??
>
> Hi,
>
> yes, I have a working installation of openmpi 1.2
> with SGE 6.0u9.
>
> > from my mpich PE I can see start/stop arguments as
> > show below
> > start_proc_args /opt/gridengine/mpi/startmpi.sh
> > -catch_rsh
> > $pe_hostfile
> > stop_proc_args /opt/gridengine/mpi/stopmpi.sh
>
> Take a look at these scripts, they don't do anything
> fancy, they just
> prepare the machinefile and the rsh wrapper for
> mpich. Openmpi does
> the right thing by itself by looking at SGE's
> environment variables.
>
> Regards, Götz Waschk - DESY Zeuthen
>
> --
> AL I:40: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the
> Law.

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/