From: Brian Powell (powellb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-07 02:59:34

Greetings,

I turn to the assistance of the OpenMPI wizards. I have compiled v1.2
using gcc and ifort (see the attached config.log) with a variety of
options. The compilation finishes (side note: I had to define NM
otherwise the configure script failed) and installs. I try to run
ompi_info and get the following:

A library call unexpectedly failed.  This is a terminal error; please
show this message to an Open MPI wizard:
         Library call: mca_base_open
          Source file: ompi_info.cc
   Source line number: 139
Aborting...
Compiling an example works fine, but executing it returns
It looks like opal_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort.  There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during opal_init; some of which are due to configuration or
environment problems.  This failure appears to be an internal failure;
here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
Open MPI developer):
   mca_base_open failed
   --> Returned value -2 instead of OPAL_SUCCESS
I'm not sure why the problems with mca_base_open are occurring. Any
suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Brian