From: Bas van der Vlies (basv_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-06 12:14:12

On Apr 6, 2007, at 2:14 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> On Apr 5, 2007, at 3:50 PM, Bas van der Vlies wrote:
>
>> I am just try to enable PBS /Torque support in Open MPI with
>> the --
>> with-tm option. My question is why the utility 'pbs-config' is not
>> used to determine the location of the include/library directory. It
>> is standard included in the torque software.
>>
>> # pbs-config ---cflags
>> {{{
>> -I/usr/include/torque
>> }}}
>>
>> # pbs-config --libs
>> {{{
>> -ltorque
>> }}}
>
> Probably because we weren't aware that that script was available. :-)
>
> We should probably incorporate its use in future releases; I'll
> create a ticket for a future enhancement. Thanks for the heads-up!

No thanks

> Have you run into a situation where OMPI gets the wrong flags because
> it's not using pbs-config?

Yes, We install the torque header files in /usr/include/torque and
the libraries in /usr/lib. This setup does not work with openmpi
configure script. When i use the --with-tm option and set it to /usr/
include/torque the configiure script appends "include" to it, so it
becomes /usr/include/torque/include.

--
Bas van der Vlies
basv_at_[hidden]