From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-06 07:51:37

On Apr 5, 2007, at 3:19 PM, Xie, Hugh wrote:

> Have anyone attempt to integrate ompi with commercial grid scheduler
> (e.g. Platform Symphony). The integration would be similar to
> LoadLeveler. I am trying to understand if the integration can be done
> simply without Platform Symphony's change their code. Otherwise, I
> have
> to contact them for getting a integration patch.

Are you asking specifically about the LSF scheduler that is contained
in the Symphony product? If so, there are 2 answers to your question:

1. Platform is distributing their own integration with Open MPI in
the LSF scheduler. They had an update for LSF within the last
several months that introduced the Open MPI/LSF integration, and will
likely have another update in the not-distant future.

2. We're working with Platform on a native Open MPI/LSF integration
that would make the Platform-supplied Open MPI/LSF integration
unnecessary, but the timeline for release is not yet available.

> Thanks.
> - - - - - - - - - -
>
> This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use
> of the designated recipient(s) named above. If you are not the
> intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any
> review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is
> strictly prohibited. This communication is for information
> purposes only and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as
> a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an
> official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official
> statement of Lehman Brothers. Email transmission cannot be
> guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Therefore, we do not
> represent that this information is complete or accurate and it
> should not be relied upon as such. All information is subject to
> change without notice.
>
> --------
> IRS Circular 230 Disclosure:
> Please be advised that any discussion of U.S. tax matters contained
> within this communication (including any attachments) is not
> intended or written to be used and cannot be used for the purpose
> of (i) avoiding U.S. tax related penalties or (ii) promoting,
> marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or
> matter addressed herein.

Cisco Systems