From: Rainer Keller (keller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-01 13:35:51

Hello Valmor,
On Sunday 01 April 2007 18:50, de Almeida, Valmor F. wrote:
> I would be interested in hearing folk's experiences with gfortran and
> ompi-1.2. Is gfortran good enough for prime time?
Well, I have the same experience like You -- compiling ompi is not the issue,
however some applications still are, like cpmd in my case.

> I have built ompi-1.2 with gfortran-4.1.1 but no luck in testing it
> because my application of interest (legacy fortran code) will not
> compile with gfortran.
>
> In addition I would be interested in hearing about the use of different
> fortran compilers. For instance, how about building ompi with gfortran
> but compiling mpi fortran codes with the intel compiler?
That's not a good idea, as fortran compilers may have different values
representations of Logical, alignment and possibly even type-sizes, e.g. the
intel-compiler considers logical TRUE to be -1, while gcc expects TRUE to be
0.

With best regards,
Rainer

Dipl.-Inf. Rainer Keller       http://www.hlrs.de/people/keller
 High Performance Computing       Tel: ++49 (0)711-685 6 5858
   Center Stuttgart (HLRS)           Fax: ++49 (0)711-685 6 5832
 POSTAL:Nobelstrasse 19                 email: keller_at_[hidden]
 ACTUAL:Allmandring 30, R.O.030            AIM:rusraink
 70550 Stuttgart