From: Heywood, Todd (heywood_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-30 14:43:45

George,

It turns out I didn't have libunwind either, but didn't notice since mpiP
compiled/linked without it (OK, so I should have checked the config log).
However, once I got it it wouldn't compile on my RHEL system.

So, following this thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/libunwind-devel@nongnu.org/msg00067.html

I had to download an alpha version of libunwind:

http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/libunwind/libunwind-snap-070224
.tar.gz

... And build it with:

CFLAGS=-fPIC ./configure
make CFLAGS=-fPIC LDFLAGS=-fPIC shared
make CFLAGS=-fPIC LDFLAGS=-fPIC install

After that, everything went as you described. The "strange readings" in the
output did list the Parent_Funct's though:

 ID Lev File/Address Line Parent_Funct MPI_Call
  1 0 0x000000000041341d RecvData Recv
  2 0 0x00000000004133c7 SendData Send
  3 0 0x00000000004134b9 SendRepeat Send
  4 0 0x0000000000413315 Sync Barrier