From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-30 14:03:25

Generating core files is not a feature of Open MPI but of the
operating system. Based on the shell script you're using there is a
different way to reach this goal. Usually via limit (or ulimit). This
webpage can give you more information about this (http://www.faqs.org/
faqs/hp/hpux-faq/section-257.html).

   george.

On Mar 30, 2007, at 12:11 PM, Jeff Stuart wrote:

> I'm using OpenMPI, and the documentation says that only a totalview
> style of debugger can be used. With that in mind, all I want to do is
> get a core-dump when a process crashes. I can then just load the core
> into GDB. Is there any easy way to do this?
>
> I tried calling signal(SIGSEGV, SIG_DFL); signal(SIGABRT, SIG_DFL); to
> no avail. All that happens is that I don't get a call stack dump
> anymore.
>
> Thanks,
> -Jeff

"Half of what I say is meaningless; but I say it so that the other
half may reach you"
                                   Kahlil Gibran