From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-29 17:51:10

On Mar 29, 2007, at 6:33 PM, pooja_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I am Pooja. I am doing a course project in which I have to make
> changes to
> openmpi code and complie it all over again.I want to know how to
> complie
> openmpi file.I went through the FAQ and over there they have given
> some
> commands to Build openmpi file.But in that it is specified that we
> need
> some configuration file .Can anybody please help me to Make Openmpi
> file

I'm not sure what you're asking -- do you have a Subversion checkout
of Open MPI? If you're doing development, I would strongly suggest a
SVN checkout (as opposed to modifying a tarball).

There are instructions on the web site about how to build Open MPI
from Subversion: http://www.open-mpi.org/svn/building.php. Generally
speaking, if you make a modification to some code, you just invoke
"make" and "make install" again to build your new changes and install
them.

There are lots of shortcuts, of course -- re-building the entire tree
from the top-level is certainly not always necessary. But it depends
what area of the tree you're working in, etc. Can you describe more
fully what you're doing?

Cisco Systems