From: Jens Klostermann (jens.klostermann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-29 13:08:25

http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2006/12/2286.php

I recently switched to openmpi1.2 unfortunately the password problem
still persists! I generated new rsa keys and made passwordless ssh
available. This was tested by login to each node per passwordless ssh,
fortunately there are only 16 nodes:-).
The funny thing is it seems to be a problem only with my user and
appears randomly, but more likely if I uses more nodes.

One cure for the problem until now is using the option --mca
pls_rsh_debug. What does this switch do other than producing more output
that this resolves my problem?

Two other questions what is the
-ras (Resource allocation subsystem): and how can I set this up/what
options to have

pls (Process launch subsystem): and how can I set this up/what options
to have?

Regards Jens