From: Götz Waschk (goetz.waschk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-28 06:53:54

On 3/28/07, Bala <cppbala_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> % qconf -sp orte
> start_proc_args /bin/true
> stop_proc_args /bin/true
> just want to know anybody successfully running in SGE
> using this PE??

Hi,

yes, I have a working installation of openmpi 1.2 with SGE 6.0u9.

> from my mpich PE I can see start/stop arguments as
> show below
> start_proc_args /opt/gridengine/mpi/startmpi.sh
> -catch_rsh
> $pe_hostfile
> stop_proc_args /opt/gridengine/mpi/stopmpi.sh

Take a look at these scripts, they don't do anything fancy, they just
prepare the machinefile and the rsh wrapper for mpich. Openmpi does
the right thing by itself by looking at SGE's environment variables.

Regards, Götz Waschk - DESY Zeuthen

--
AL I:40: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.