From: de Almeida, Valmor F. (dealmeidav_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-27 09:37:43

On
> Behalf Of Jeff Squyres
>
> I notice that you are using the "medium" sized F90 bindings. Do
> these FAQ entries help?
>
> http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=mpi-apps#f90-mpi-slow-compiles

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=building#f90-bindings-slow-compile

My understanding is that this is a problem with building the mpi library
and not with compiling a user's code or library. In fact compiling my
f90 codes is quite fast as compared with the c++ code. The
time-consuming step is liking them all with mpic++. My application is a
mix of c++ and f90 parallel codes and the main program is written in
c++. Therefore mpic++ is used as the last phase to compile main and
create the application. This last liking phase is very slow and slows
down debugging incredibly because I don't know about the unresolved
symbols until I do this final linking.

Thanks,

--
Valmor