From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-20 20:57:21

On Mar 16, 2007, at 1:35 AM, Chevchenkovic Chevchenkovic wrote:

> Could someone let me know about the status of multithread support in
> openMPI and MVAPICH. I got some details about MVAPICH which says that
> it is supported for MVAPICH2 but I am not sure of the same for
> openMPI.

Open MPI's threading support is "light testing", at best. In
reality, it probably will not work. Threading support was designed
into the system from the beginning, but we have not really got around
to debugging / testing it yet. It is possible that we will do so
over the next few months; a few of the Open MPI member organizations
indicated that they will be working on threading support for the v1.3
series (probably towards the end of this year -- v1.3 is very much in
the planning/definition stage at this point).

We cannot really comment on MVAPICH2 here; it's an entirely different
software project. You'll probably want to post to their mailing list
to get an answer.

Cisco Systems