From: Bala (cppbala_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-17 09:58:10

Hi All,
       we have installed 16 node Intel X86_64
dual CPU and dual core cluster( blade servers)
with OFED-1.1, that installs OpenMPI as well.

 we are able to run some sample programs also,
after few time when we run the sample and do
some Ctrl+C to stop the program we notice that
some "orted" is still running and takes 100% cpu
as well.

1. why some times this "orted" process not stopped
   and how to avoid this??

2. we can kill with -9 option, but the problem is
  while running various OpenMPI programs we can
  see each one has one "orted", don't know
  which process is idle to kill.

regards,
Bala.

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265