From: Michael (mklus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-15 17:02:55

On Mar 15, 2007, at 12:18 PM, Michael wrote:

> I'm having trouble with the portability of executables compiled with
> OpenMPI. I suspect the sysadms on the HPC system I'm using changed
> something because I think it worked previously.

Apparently there was a misconfiguration, i.e. missing libraries and
links on some nodes.

I would like to hear just how portable an executable compiled against
OpenMPI shared libraries should be.

I'm compiling on a Debian Linux system with dual 1.3 GHz AMD Opterons
per node and an internal network of dual gigabit ethernet.

I'm planning on a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 system with dual 3.6
GHz Intel Xeon EM64T per node and an internal network using Myrinet.

I believe I actually had this working previously and now there are a
mix of libraries missing from some nodes.

Michael