From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-14 07:28:19

FWIW, Platform and Cisco are working on this integration with Ralph.
No definite timetable has been set; it is expected to take at least
several months before we have anything workable.

In the meantime, Platform released their own script-based Open MPI
integration about 5 months ago as part of the maintenance packs for
LSF 6.1 and 6.2. Platform tells me that customers can use their
normal support channels to obtain it.

On Mar 13, 2007, at 6:16 PM, Renato Golin wrote:

> On 12/03/07, Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I have been asked about providing native LSF support and hope to
>> get to that
>> in the not-too-distant future, but have no access to an LSF
>> machine to
>> verify operation (I may have a cooperative user, though, who will
>> test for
>> me - I would welcome another!).
>
> Hi Ralph,
>
> I have access to a LSF cluster and am willing to help you with the
> test. I'm not using MPI for production purposes on that cluster so
> would not conflict with current MPI environments.
>
> The only problem is that I don't have root access to that cluster, but
> I have access to some directories like /usr/local where I can install
> software and run on all nodes. (not as root though, for daemons)
>
> cheers,
> --renato
>
> Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at
> http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm

Cisco Systems