From: Brian Barrett (bbarrett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-06 10:32:53

Sure, we can add a FAQ entry on that :).

At present, configure decides whether Open MPI will be installed on a
case sensitive file-system or not based on what the build file system
does. Which is far from perfect, but covers 99.9% of the cases. You
happen to be the .1%, but we do have an option for you. You can
specify --with-cs-fs or --without-cs-fs to specify whether the
installation filesystem is case sensitive or not (overriding the auto-
detection).

Of course, I suppose I could add a sanity check during "make install"
to ensure that the installation filesystem really is case sensitive
if we expect it to be. mmm... I'll add that to the long term todo
list. For now, I think a FAQ entry will do.

Brian