From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-22 06:46:15

 From personal experience, I know that "_kio" is a symbol from LAM/
MPI -- not Open MPI. So be sure to be explicit about which MPI
implementation you want to use.

Also, I notice in Parallel::MPI::Simple that it simply tries to "-
lmpi" to get all the relevant MPI infrastructure. This will not work
with either LAM/MPI or Open MPI. I suggest using the "mpicc" wrapper
compiler instead of cc/gcc. For example:

        perl Makefile.PL CC=mpicc
        make

That seemed to work for me.

On Feb 22, 2007, at 6:23 AM, Sai Lakshmi. S wrote:

> I am trying to install Perl Parallel::MPI::Simple (or Parallel::MPI)
> module in Linux. I downloaded the modules from CPAN.
>
> I am getting the following error when i execute "make test":
>
> Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/Parallel/MPI/Simple/Simple.so' for module
> Parallel::MPI::Simple: blib/arch/auto/Parallel/MPI/Simple/Simple.so:
> undefined symbol: _kio at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
> at ic.pl line 3
> Compilation failed in require at ic.pl line 3.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ic.pl line 3.
>
> I tried installing the module in home directory and gave that path
> "use
> lib /home/path/Parallel::MPI::Simple" as the first line of the perl
> program. I encountered the following error for "mpirun n1 perl
> test.pl" :
>
> "Undefined subroutine &main::MPI_Init called at test.pl line 4."
>

> Any help to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Sai
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Sai Lakshmi. S
> Research Assistant
> Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology
> G-05, Tech Park Mall, ITPB,
> Whitefield Road, Bangalore 560 066, India.
> Tel: +91 (80) 2841-0029, 2841-2769
> Fax: +91 (80) 2841-2761
> www.ibab.ac.in

Server Virtualization Business Unit