From: Eric Thibodeau (kyron_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-21 11:35:58

Hello all,

        As we all know, compiling OpenMPI is not a matter of adding -lmpi (http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=mpi-apps). I have tried many different approaches on configuring the 3 crucial MPI lines in the HPCC Makefiles with no success. There seems to be no correct way to get mpicc --shome:* to return the correct info and forcing the correct paths/info seems to be incorrect (ie, what OpenMPI lib do I point to here: MPlib = $(MPdir)/lib/libmpich.a)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Exerp from the Makefile:

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------
# - Message Passing library (MPI) --------------------------------------
# MPinc tells the C compiler where to find the Message Passing library
# header files, MPlib is defined to be the name of the library to be
# used. The variable MPdir is only used for defining MPinc and MPlib.
#
MPdir = /usr/local/mpi
MPinc = -I$(MPdir)/include
MPlib = $(MPdir)/lib/libmpich.a