From: Eric Thibodeau (kyron_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-15 19:40:00

Hi Jeff,

        Thanks for your response, I eventually figured it out, here is the
only way I got mpptest to compile:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$HOME/openmpi_`uname -m`/lib"
CC="$HOME/openmpi_`uname -m`/bin/mpicc" ./configure --with-mpi="$HOME/openmpi_`uname -m`"

And, yes I know I should use the mpicc wrapper and all (I do RTFM :P ) but
mpptest is less than cooperative and hasn't been updated lately AFAIK.

I'll keep you posted on some results as I get some results out (testing
TCP/IP as well as the HyperTransport on a Tyan Beast). Up to now, LAM-MPI
seems less efficient at async communications and shows no improovments
with persistant communications under TCP/IP. OpenMPI, on the other hand,
seems more efficient using persistant communications when in a
HyperTransport (shmem) environment... I know I am crossing many test
boudaries but I will post some PNGs of my results (as well as how I got to
them ;)

Eric