From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-15 18:52:59

I think you want to add $HOME/openmpi_`uname -m`/lib to your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. This should allow executables created by mpicc (or
any derivation thereof, such as extracting flags via showme) to find
the Right shared libraries.

Let us know if that works for you.

FWIW, we do recommend using the wrapper compilers over extracting the
flags via --showme whenever possible (it's just simpler and should do
what you need).

On Feb 15, 2007, at 3:38 PM, Eric Thibodeau wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I have been attempting to compile mpptest on my nodes in vain. Here
> is my current setup:
>

> Openmpi is in "$HOME/openmpi_`uname -m`" which translates to "/
> export/home/eric/openmpi_i686/". I tried the following approaches
> (you can see some of these were out of desperation):
>

> CFLAGS=`mpicc --showme:compile` LDFLAGS=`mpicc --showme:link` ./
> configure
>

> Configure fails on:
>
> checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot
> run C compiled programs.
>

> The log shows that:
>
> ./a.out: error while loading shared libraries: liborte.so.0: cannot
>

> CC="/export/home/eric/openmpi_i686/bin/mpicc" ./configure --with-
> mpi=$HOME/openmpi_`uname -m`
>
> Same problems as above...
>

> LDFLAGS="$HOME/openmpi_`uname -m`/lib" ./configure --with-mpi=$HOME/
> openmpi_`uname -m`
>

> Configure fails on:
>
> checking for C compiler default output file name... configure:
> error: C compiler cannot create executables
>

> And...finally (not that all of this was done in the presented order):
>
> ./configure --with-mpi=$HOME/openmpi_`uname -m`
>

> Which ends with:
>

> checking for library containing MPI_Init... no
>
> configure: error: Could not find MPI library
>

> Anyone can help me with this one...?
>

> Note that LAM-MPI is also installed on these systems...
>

> Eric Thibodeau

Server Virtualization Business Unit
Cisco Systems