From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-15 17:53:18

On Feb 13, 2007, at 4:29 PM, Steven A. DuChene wrote:

> I discovered the hard way that there are openmpi profile.d scripts
> that get
> packaged into openmpi rpm files. The reason this became a painful
> issue
> for our cluster is that it seems the csh profile.d script that gets
> installed
> with the openmpi-runtime-1.1.4 is defective. If it gets sourced
> into a user's
> environment it makes tcsh on linux error out with a "if: Badly
> formed number"

Yoinks. Well, it goes to show how many people used that SRPM. :-)

Sorry about those -- I have most of those fixed on the trunk but
forgot to back-port most of the fixes back to the 1.1 branch SRPM
specfile.

> I want to be able to alter the spec file that builds the rpm so I
> can have it
> automagically incorperate the patch we worked up to fix this issue
> but I have
> not been able to figure out where in the openmpi sources that the
> profile.d
> scripts for csh and sh get generated.

They're actually generated in the specfile itself.

> We had to patch the openmpi-1.1.4.csh script as follows:
>
> -if ("") then
> - setenv PATH ${PATH}:/opt/openmpi-g95/1.1.4/bin/
> +if ( $?PATH ) then
> + setenv PATH ${PATH}:/opt/openmpi/1.1.4/bin/
> endif
> -if ("1LD_LIBRARY_PATH") then
> - if ("") then
> - setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/opt/openmpi-
> g95/1.1.4/lib
> - endif
> +if ( $?LD_LIBRARY_PATH ) then
> + setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/opt/openmpi/
> 1.1.4/lib
> endif
> -if ("1MANPATH") then
> - if ("") then
> - setenv MANPATH ${MANPATH}:/opt/openmpi-g95/1.1.4/man
> - endif
> +if ( $?MANPATH ) then
> + setenv MANPATH ${MANPATH}:/opt/openmpi/1.1.4/man
> endif

Most of this is due to bad escaping (i.e., lackthereof) in the spec
file. I'll fix that up shortly. We're likely to do a 1.1.5 release
in the not-distant future -- is it ok to wait for that, or do you
need a new 1.1.4 SRPM?

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Server Virtualization Business Unit
Cisco Systems