From: Steven A. DuChene (linux-clusters_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-13 16:29:55

I discovered the hard way that there are openmpi profile.d scripts that get
packaged into openmpi rpm files. The reason this became a painful issue
for our cluster is that it seems the csh profile.d script that gets installed
with the openmpi-runtime-1.1.4 is defective. If it gets sourced into a user's
environment it makes tcsh on linux error out with a "if: Badly formed number"

I want to be able to alter the spec file that builds the rpm so I can have it
automagically incorperate the patch we worked up to fix this issue but I have
not been able to figure out where in the openmpi sources that the profile.d
scripts for csh and sh get generated.

We had to patch the openmpi-1.1.4.csh script as follows:

-if ("") then
- setenv PATH ${PATH}:/opt/openmpi-g95/1.1.4/bin/
+if ( $?PATH ) then
+ setenv PATH ${PATH}:/opt/openmpi/1.1.4/bin/
 endif
-if ("1LD_LIBRARY_PATH") then
- if ("") then
- setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/opt/openmpi-g95/1.1.4/lib
- endif
+if ( $?LD_LIBRARY_PATH ) then
+ setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/opt/openmpi/1.1.4/lib
 endif
-if ("1MANPATH") then
- if ("") then
- setenv MANPATH ${MANPATH}:/opt/openmpi-g95/1.1.4/man
- endif
+if ( $?MANPATH ) then
+ setenv MANPATH ${MANPATH}:/opt/openmpi/1.1.4/man
 endif