From: Troy Telford (ttelford.groups_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-13 12:55:48

First, the good news:
I've recently tried PBS Pro 8 with Open MPI 1.1.4.

At least with PBS Pro version 8, you can (finally) do a dynamic/shared
object for the TM module, rather than having to compile everything
statically. (So the FAQ needs a minor update.) The jobs seem to run and
use TM properly.

The bad news:
My memory is a bit fuzzy on how to use OMPI with PBS and cousins. Sad, I
know, but that doesn't make it any less true.

For the moment, I've read the FAQ and see that you need to use the '-np
<foo>' option to specify the number of processes. For some reason, I
recall that OMPI used to be able to get the number of processes to run
 from PBS; am I just 'remembering' something that never existed?

--
Troy Telford