From: Alex Tumanov (atumanov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-08 21:40:05

> I have added the following line to my .bashrc:
>
> export OMPIFLAGS="-mca oob_tcp_include eth0 -mca btl_tcp_if_include
> eth0 --hostfile ~/work/openmpi_hostfile"
>
> and have verified that mpirun $OMPIFLAGS -np 4 hostname works.
>
> Is there a better way of accomplishing this, or is this a matter of
> there being more than one way to skin the proverbial cat?

There's definitely a better way to accomplish this. You can set mca
parameters in $OMPIDIR/etc/openmpi-mca-params.conf
There you would have btl_tcp_if_include=eth0, for instance, as well as
any other mca params you need to set (for a complete list try
ompi_info --param all all). I don't think you need oob_tcp_include, by
the way - try without it.

Alex.